FINANCIAL MATHEMATICS 1
|Laura Gardini||Twesday h. 11-12|
Assegnato al Corso di Studio
The objective of this course is to provide students with the basic elements of classical financial mathematics and the pricing of fixed income securities. The course will focus on the study of capital compounding and interest rates, to provide a concrete tool with which to assess projects and investment decisions.
- The basic rules for financial compounding.
- Interest rate estimation.
- Annuities and financial flows.
- Duration and Yield curve estimation.
- Selection criteria of riskless financial flows.
- Redemption plan for indebtedness, with several applications.
- Valuation and management of fixed income securities.
- The term structure of interest rates with several applications.
Risultati di Apprendimento (Descrittori di Dublino)
It is expected the learning of the basic elements of classical mathematical finance and the ability of the autonomous use of the finanzial thecniques in several activities and works in this sector.
Modalità Didattiche, Obblighi, Testi di Studio e Modalità di Accertamento
- Modalità didattiche
The course will consist in lectures and homework assignments.
- Testi di studio
Any textbook covering the course topics, for example:
Marek Capîanski, Tomasz Zastawniak, Mathematics for Finance: An Introduction to Financial Engineering, Springer.
Jean Soper, Mathematics for Economics and Business, Blackwell Publisher.
Teresa Bradley, Paul Patton, Essential Mathematics for Economics and Business (Paperback ), Thom son Learning.
- Modalità di
Oral exam and written test (either in Italian or English).
Informazioni Aggiuntive per Studenti Non Frequentanti
- Testi di studio
|« torna indietro||Ultimo aggiornamento: 05/07/2009|