CLINICAL BIOCHEMISTRY AND CLINICAL MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
BIOCHIMICA CLINICA E BIOLOGIA MOLECOLARE CLINICA
|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Ferdinando Mannello||Please contact the Teacher via mail or by phone at +39-0722-304621|
|Teaching in foreign languages|
Course with optional materials in a foreign language
This course is entirely taught in Italian. Study materials can be provided in the foreign language and the final exam can be taken in the foreign language.
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The course will provide knowledges about the roles and functions of the biomarkers frequently used in Clinical Biochemistry and Clinical Molecular Biology, as well as their diagnostic-prognostic usefulness in the Research and Laboratory Medicine fields.
During the lessons it will be provided also the basis of Anatomy and Physiology useful for better understanding the main topics of the course.
1. Clinical Biochemistry approaches for diagnosis, prognosis and disease progession
2. Hydo-electrolytic balance
3. Circulatory systems (blood plasma, cells and vessels)
4. Basis of Nutrition
5. Oxidative stress
6. Endocrine system
7. Clinical Biochemistry of some organs (Heart, Pancreas, Liver, Kidney)
8. Molecular diagnosis by Clinical Molecular Biology: main clinical applications.
It is suggested to have performed the exam of biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
The course will allow to learn the functions of the main diagnostic-prognostic biomarkers, to improve the knowledges in the Laboratory Medicine field.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
Lessons and seminar activities
- Course books
•Gaw, Murphy, Cowan, o'Reilly, Stewart, Shepherd. Biochimica Clinica, Ed. Elsevier Masson
• Sacchetti, Cavalcanti, Fortunato, pastore, Rossano, Salvatore, Scopacasa. Medicina di Laboratorio & Diagnostica Genetica. Ed. Sorbona
• Balestrieri C- Diagnostica molecolare nella Medicina di Laboratorio - Vol IX Edizioni Piccin
• Antonozzi, Gulletta: Medicina di Laboratorio, Logica e patologia clinica. Ed. Piccin
• LaPosata: Medicina di Laboratorio: diagnosi di malattia nel laboratorio clinico. Ed Piccin
(Please, check the original versions of the texts cited above)
For further informations, please contact the Teacher via mail or by phone at +39-0722-304621
|« back||Last update: 22/10/2016|