ADVERTISING CREATIVE WORKSHOP
LABORATORIO DI CREATIVITÀ PUBBLICITARIA
|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Marco Livi||At the end of classes|
|Teaching in foreign languages|
Course with optional materials in a foreign language
This course is entirely taught in Italian. Study materials can be provided in the foreign language and the final exam can be taken in the foreign language.
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
To allow the possibility to learn and concretely experiment with a set of creative and basic copywriting techniques in the field of advertising in various media. To understand the profound link between creative advertising and brand strategy in communication. The focus is on concept design and copywriting.
The program systematically alternates between the examination of basic theoretical principals and consequential experimentation in practical workshops, including group projects (from the analysis of a brief and the development of ideas and creative concepts, to the creation of one or more messages in the context of an integrated communication campaign) and individual exercises.
Theoretical work: creative advertising and copywriting in the diverse media: the importance of the "idea" and the relationship between the micro-narrative and the more general narrative of the brand. Changes taking place in advertising communication.
Project work: brand strategy is the starting point for the creative development of a communication campaign.
The general theme is creativity and the logic that supports it, with particular focus on copywriting. There will therefore be no technical insights into graphics, packaging, typography, and so on.
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
1. Knowledge and understanding: basic concept of copywriting and attitude to the creative thinking. The indissoluble link between the values of a brand and its advertising message.
1.1 Students attain basic knowledge through lessons, bibliography, exercises.
2. Applying knowledge and understanding: ability to face an advertising brief.
2.1 Skills acquired through exercises in the classroom.
3. Making judgements: critical reflections on international trends in communication, in advertising and industry standards. Evolution of scenarios and forms of the advertising message.
3.1 These judgment skills will have to be applied in the classroom, in exercises with the teacher and fellow students, and during the preparation of the final exam.
4. Communication skills: students will have to interact with the professor and colleagues asking questions and exchanging opinions, in order to prepare little presentations regarding their own exercises.
4.1 This ability is taught through a series of discussions with the students and practice in the classroom.
5. Learning skills: students are requested to learn a method of learning that include critical skills and ability to connect theoretical competence with empirical analysis, in order to acquire an indipendent point of view.
5.1 Skills to be enhanced through discussion with the teacher and with the classmates.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Get into blended.uniurb.it
The teaching material and specific communications from the lecturer can be found, together with other supporting activities, inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Teaching, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
It will be a compulsory attendance ¾ of the lesson time.
For part-time students attendance of the lectures is not mandatory. Students who will not attend at least the 75% of the lectures will have to contact the teacher.
|« back||Last update: 23/07/2018|