|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Elisabetta Savelli||The receipton hour will be communicated at the beginning of the course.|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The main goal of the course is to build up appropriate competences to understand the role of marketing within the processes of analysis, design, communication and evaluation of value to customers.In particular, the course aims to provide the basic knowledge about:- content and evolution of the marketing discipline;- different roles of marketing in the firm;- principles of marketing orientation; - models and operating techniques for markets analysis aimed at supporting the identification of value;- processes and methodologies for the marketing strategy definition;- techniques and models for the management of marketing policies (4P) aimed at supporting the communication of value.
The program includes a discussion of the following topics:
1. Basic principles of marketing management: The marketing concept; The role of marketing in the value creation process; Content and evolution of the marketing discipline;
2. The marketing information processes: Methods and techniques for market research; Analysis of changes concerning the socio-economic environment and in consumer behavior;
3. The strategic marketing process: Market segmentation; Definition of the value proposition and positioning;
4. Value design, innovation and product policies;
5. Value planning and communication policies;
6. Value planning and distribution policies;
7. Value planning and pricing policies;
8. Marketing planning and the organization of marketing activities.
No bridging courses.
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
- Knowledge and understanding: students will acquire a good understanding of the main marketing activities involved in the process of analysis, design and communication of value to customers. Moreover, students will acquire an adequate competence in understanding factors affecting the different roles of marketing in the firm in order to proceed to the formulation of appropriate marketing strategies. Knowledge and understanding will be fostered through classroom lectures and examples, as well as through discussions on specific marketing topics. - Applying knowledge and understanding: students will have the critical abilities to analyse specific marketing problems and to develop a problem-solving ability by applying the conceptual models of marketing to the specific contexts. The development these competencies will be facilitated by classroom discussions of case-studies and seminar lessons. - Making judgements: students will acquire the critical ability to judge and evaluate which marketing approaches and practices are more appropriate in different markets and firms’ contexts. Such results will be achieved mainly through the discussion of case-studies and the interaction with marketing manegers during the seminar lessons. - Communication skills: students will be trained to express themselves in appropriate language and to be able to communicate with potential partners (managers, academics, experts , ...) using a clear and appropriate language. This ability will be solicited through discussions with the teacher and the marketing managers on various marketing topics. - Learning skills: student will develop good independent learning skills that enable them to: - address the main marketing decisions within the firm and the related models for the evaluation of results; - undertake further individual paths of training ; - read and understand the specialized marketing literature. This will be solicited through the lectures and, above all, the seminar lessons and the in-depth material provided by the teacher on the blended platform.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Meetings with scholars and professionals will be promoted as part of the course to deepen the recent theoretical and practical developments in the marketing field and to examine case studies.
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
Lecturers; Slides and videos; Seminar lessons.
- Course books
G. Ferrero (a cura di), 2018, Marketing e creazione di valore, Giappichelli: Torino (2a edizione).
For the final assessment, it is necessary to study all the book's chapters, excluding the following Sections:
- Par. 2 del Cap. 2
- Parr. 2, 4.3 e 5 del Cap. 5
- Parr. 1.5 e 1.6 del Cap. 6
- Par. 2.2 del Cap. 7
- Parr. 5, 6 e 7 del Cap. 8
- Par. 2 del Cap. 10
More detailed information, for attending students, are provided in the Moodle >> blended platform.
Written test consisting of 8 total questions, of which: 6 open-ended questions, 1 colsed question (True / False) and 1 question concerning a practical exercise. Open-ended questions are designed to determine the overall knowledge and understanding skills of the students about the marketing concepts and methods. Moreover, these questions aims at verifying the students' ability to present their arguments in a strict and limited time, using appropriate language and identifying the essential elements for the exhibition. The closed-questions and the exercise are designed to assess the student's ability to apply the theoretical marketing concepts to specific market situations.
The evaluation criteria are: the level of knowledge and the degree of response articulation, the degree of appropriateness of the explanation, the degree of accuracy of the language and the use of explanatory examples where required. Each criterion is evaluated based on a four-level judgment scale with equal weight assigned to each criterion.
The maximum score for the test is 32 points, equivalent to 30 cum laude. The test is passed if students get a minimum score of 18. The duration of the test is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Additional Information for Non-Attending Students
- Course books
G. Ferrero (a cura di), 2018, Marketing e creazione del valore, Giappichelli: Torino (2a edizione).
For the final assessment, it is necessary to study all the book's chapters.
See the assessment for attending students.
|« back||Last update: 23/11/2018|