The course is designed to strengthen knowledge of theoretical and contextual factors of the digital trasformation and and its implications in communicating, with a particular focus on Italy. In this program we offer you a close-up of digital media culture, politics & society, digital strategies in advertisement and social media marketing, exploring new interactive and participatory practices of social and mobile communication toward citizens, audience and consumers.
Successful participants in this course will acquire skills needed in the in culture and digital communication in global society, with a focus on the strategic issues faced by media, adverstisement and public institutions.
Contents and structure of the course / Syllabus
Activities of PhD Students
COURSE TITLES AND CREDITS
1) Communication and Digital Culture (SPS/08) - 9 CFU
2) Intro to Global Studies: Globalization, Society and Politics (SPS/07) - 9 CFU
3) Elective courses, select one:
a) Principles of Marketing (SECS-P/01) - 9 CFU
b) Global Political Economics (SECS-P/01) - 9 CFU
c) Advertising (SPS/08) - 9 CFU
4) Elective courses, select one:
d) Global Studies Project (SPS/07) - 9 CFU
e) Buyer Behaviour (SPS/08) - 9 CFU
f) Social Media Marketing (SPS/08) - 9 CFU
5) Elective courses, select one:
g) Visual Culture (SPS/08) - 9 CFU
h) Global Political Economics (SECS-P/01) - 9 CFU
Information about final examination
Course structure and research training
The conferral of the certificate requires that the student is positively evaluated in each course taken. All tests will be held in English.
Did you know that?
The Advanced Studies Course is designed by the University of Urbino Carlo Bo in collaboration with the Villanova University (Pennsylvania, U.S.A.) – Department of Communication, Department of Marketing e Department of Global Studies
How to apply for Communication, Society and Marketing in the Italian Context – COSMIC
- Course with limited number of positions
- Number of positions
- 60 available
- Admission deadline
- Applications due by 12/07/2019
- Useful information
- Adequate knowledge of English language is required in order to successfully work in an English speaking academic environment. The scientific committee will confirm this level of knowledge for non-Anglophone students with B2 level certification of spoken and written English (according to the European Common Framework for Languages) and a C1 level in reading skills. The scientific committee recognises IELTS or Cambridge Exams, or documented attestation of native-speaker ability;
- Presentation of curriculum related to the university career or to another institution of post-secondary education with specialization in economics, in business studies, in economic history, in Italian cultural studies, political sciences and other sectors judged congruous by the commission that will operate the selection;
- As a preferential criterion for the international agreement signed between the University of Urbino and Villanova University: certification of a Transcript attesting attendance at Villanova University - Department of Communication, Department of Marketing or Department of Global Studies.
- Application procedure
- You can apply from the 22/07/2019 to the 10/08/2019 . Using the online procedure you can register to fill in the application and pay with PagoPA (Credit Card, PayPal) to complete the payment of the admission fee.
- Tuition fees
The total amount of the tuition fee is 1.000,00 euro to be paid in a single instalment by 24.00 (Italian local time) on 10th August 2019.
Useful documents and materials
Information on teaching and research activities
Director of the Course
Giovanni Boccia Artieri
- Giovanni Boccia Artieri
- Secretary’s Office
- Ufficio Dottorati - Post laurea - Esami di Stato
- Via Veterani, 36 - Urbino
- Office hours
- Monday - Friday from 9.30 am to 13pm
- Tel. +39 0722 304631 / +39 0722 304632 / +39 0722 304634 / +39 0722 304635 email@example.com