ECONOMICS OF GLOBALISATION
|Antonello Zanfei||Blu week, Tuesdays h 16-18|
Assegnato al Corso di Studio
The aim of this course is to provide students with the tools to understand the problems of globalisation and technological change, investigating the determinants, characteristics and effects of globalization and the policies for its governance.
1. Globalisation, international production and technology: concepts, facts and ideas
2. Theories of international production
3. The links between international production and innovation
4. Multinationals and the changing organization of innovative activities
5. Heterogeneity of firms and heterogeneity of internationalization strategies
6.The effects of internationalization on home and host countries.
Risultati di Apprendimento (Descrittori di Dublino)
knowledge and understanding: the acquisition of a general knowledge on the theories of globalisation is required
applying knowledge and understanding: the ability to apply the general knowledge to the global processes examined in the course is required
making judgements: the ability to carry out a critical analysis of globalisation is required
communication skills: a good ability to communicate the knowledge acquired in the course is required
learning skills: a development of learning skills, linking theories and the operation of globalisation is required
Modalità Didattiche, Obblighi, Testi di Studio e Modalità di Accertamento
- Modalità didattiche
The course will consist in lectures and class discussions. Students will be responsible for reading assigned material before the topic is discussed in class. Homework will include intermediate tests and the preparation of short papers on specific topics to be agreed upon with the instructor.
- Testi di studio
- Fischer, S. 2003, Globalization and Its Challenges, American Economic Review, May, 93(2), 1-30, available at http://www.iie.com/fischer/pdf/fischer011903.pdf
- Debate on "The road to Europe" in OpenDemocarcy.net (http://www.sbilanciamoci.info/Forum/Il-nostro-forum-su-Opendemocracy-10358) (only articles by S.Andreis, S.Bruno, D.Palma et al., G.Ietto-Gillies, M.Pianta)
- G.Ietto-Gillies, Transnational corporations and international production. Concepts, theories and effects, E.Elgar, new edition, 2012, Chapters 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13
- Castellani D., Zanfei A., Multinational firms, innovation and productivity, E. Elgar 2007, Chapters 1, 2, 5, 6
- Modalità di
Oral examination (can be either in English or in Italian). Papers, homework and presentations may be in English.
|« torna indietro||Ultimo aggiornamento: 12/08/2012|