Who can apply
Candidates in possession of one of the following degrees:
- an Italian Laurea specialistica or Magistrale
- an Italian Degree of the system prior to the one introduced with the Ministerial Decree n. 509 of 3 November 1999, amended by Ministerial Decree n. 270 of 22 October 2004 (Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento);
- a second level academic qualifications issued by institutions belonging to the AFAM (Higher Artistic and Musical Education) sector;
- an academic qualification obtained abroad, provided it is comparable to an Italian qualification that allows access to a Ph.D. programme, recognized as suitable, for the sole purpose of participating in the selection, as indicated in the announcement.
Simultaneous enrolment in another Ph.D. programme, specialization school or university course (degree courses, masters) is not permitted.
Candidates who have not yet graduated
Students who have not yet achieved the requested access title must graduate by October 31st in order to be admitted.
Research grant holders can be admitted to a Ph.D. programme without a scholarship after passing the selection procedure, within the limit of the places reserved for the specific Ph.D. program.
Those who have already obtained the title of Ph.D. can be admitted to attend a second Ph.D. programme if they are successful in the selection procedure. Applications from candidates who are already enrolled in a Ph.D. programme at the University of Urbino will not be considered.
Foreign academic qualification
The suitability of the foreign qualification (Master's degree) is ascertained by the Selection Board appointed for the specific Ph.D. programme in compliance with the legislation in force in Italy and in the country where the degree was issued as well as with international treaties or agreements in the field of recognition of qualifications for the continuation of studies.
Candidates in possession of a qualification obtained abroad are admitted to the selection procedure under condition. If admitted to the Ph.D. Programme, they must deliver the following documentation:
- Diploma Supplement in case of a degree issued by a non-Italian institution belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)/Bologna Process
- Declaration of Value in case of a degree achieved in countries not belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
The Declaration of Value can be substituted by a certification issued by the CIMEA centre (Roma-Italia) including all the needed information for the recognition of the qualification http://www.cimea.it/it/servizi/attestati-di-comparabilita-e-certificazione-dei-titoli/attestati-di-comparabilita-e-di-verifica-dei-titoli-diplome.aspx).
If the declaration of value or other documentation presented by the candidate certifies the invalidity of the qualification in the country of achievement for enrolment in an academic course similar to the Ph.D. Programme, the interested student loses his position in the Ph.D. Programme and is required to return the Ph.D. scholarship eventually perceived.
How to apply
The selection procedure foresees an assessment of qualifications (which might include the evaluation of a Research Project) and an oral interview, during which the knowledge of the English language will be assessed too. A written exam can also be foreseen.
The selection procedure of each Ph.D. programme is detailed in the relevant Course Information Sheet (Annex A of the Selection Call).
All the instructions regarding the application procedure are given in the Selection Call.